Do you find yourself just inching along with your weight loss program and not being able to lose any weight at all? Do you really feel that you could lose those pounds much faster if you only knew how? Well the answer is you can get faster results from your weight loss program with these 5 tips.
• Diet: Do not diet, just eat healthy. Going on the latest and greatest diet is just a temporary stop gap. You will lose weight initially but will regain those pounds as soon as you stop your diet. A better thing to do is to change your eating habits permanently.
a. When you give up junk food and sodas on a permanent basis you will lose weight and keep it off.
b. Eating more fiber: this will improve your digestion and speed up your metabolism, allowing you to burn more fat. It will also fill you up and help you eat less.
c. Eat more fruits and vegetables: these give you valuable vitamins and minerals plus fiber. They are a good substitute for junk food and some of them even help your body to burn more fat.
• Drink more water: replacing sodas and sweet juices with water will help you to lose weight.
a. It will also fill you up if you drink water with meals, this will result in you eating less.
b. Water cleanses your body and colon allowing you to digest your food better and speed up your metabolism.
• Cut down stress: stress is one of your greatest enemies when you want to lose weight. If you are tense and stressed out your stress hormones will kick in and your body will not allow you to lose weight. In fact this is how you can accumulate that ugly belly fat. However if you cut down your stress you will find that your body allows you to lose weight and you will reduce those pounds quickly. You will also find that you can improve your health as stress is an underlying cause of many health problems.
• Get enough sleep: One of the biggest mistakes I have made when trying to lose weight is not getting enough sleep. When you do not get enough rest and do not sleep for the amount of time your body needs you will put your body on a flight and fight mode. What does this mean? Your body will try to conserve your resources and will not let you get rid of any extra pounds.
a. Sleeping properly will allow your body to rest and you will be able to lose those pounds.
b. You will have more energy and be able to increase your exercise. This will help you to burn more fat.
• Exercise: where should you be focusing your time when you exercise? There are several ways to exercise. Passive exercise like walking, jogging, swimming and cycling are always good to do on a daily basis. However if you really want to burn fat faster strength exercises will help you do this. You can either go to the gym to use their equipment or buy your own home gym equipment. Always remember to drink a lot of water when you exercise and not to overdo it. In this way you will avoid stiffness and cramps.